Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] RH7.2 - no linuxconf?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [tlug] RH7.2 - no linuxconf?
- From: "A.Sajjad Zaidi" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 22:24:30 +0900
- Content-disposition: inline
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: "A.Sajjad Zaidi" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.27i
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 Hi Scott, linuxconfig has always been a pain for me and never got things right. Try using '/usr/sbin/netconfig'. Its simpler and meant for getting your network up quickly. Before that, your problem seems to be with the kernel not recognizing your network card. The file /etc/modules.conf should have an entry like 'alias eth0 eepro100', based on your NIC (Intel Ethernet Pro 100 in this case). After adding that, run '/sbin/depmod -a' and then 'modprobe eepro100' (replacing eepro100 with the module for your card). Then use netconfig to setup networking. That should be it. Let us know your progress. - -- A. Sajjad Zaidi System Administrator Technology & Operations Div. Digital Garage Inc. On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 09:24:00PM +0900, scott in sendai wrote: > Hi TLUG, > > A little problem here. Up until yesterday I was running > mandrake 8.1 on a cable modem, and had sucessfully set up > IPmasq for 2 other wkstns to do NAT, everything fine. > Mandrake would configure things without allowing me to > change or see what it was doing so I decided to write down > all my NIC and IP settings and install RH7.2 instead. > However, RH7.2 doesn't have linuxconf, only NEAT, which > fails to recognize my NIC despite trying many possible > combinations. RH7.2 also failed to recognize the NIC > during bootup (no ETH0 initialization- it doesn't even say > [FAILED]. Ifconfig of course only shows the lo, and no > eth0. I took out the other NIC for the internal lan and > reinsalled, but no change. > > Anyone using 7.2? If so any ideas on how to install > linuxconf? I tried using the RPM manager but it doesn't > show up. Should I just go back to mandrake? > > TIA, > > Scott VanDusen > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Yahoo! BB is Broadband by Yahoo! http://bb.yahoo.co.jp/ > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux) Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org iD8DBQE8hMcNt1KjqyZ+DQ4RAtjTAJ9rgAusAMz7c2DOW9U6V+gNA7W6vgCgvtRX CvSXKIBjD7Xbqa5iGh1DZIo= =6TDG -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
- nic config [was: [tlug] RH7.2 - no linuxconf?]
- From: Mario Luoni
- [tlug] RH7.2 - no linuxconf?
- From: scott in sendai
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] RH7.2 - no linuxconf?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] RH7.2 - no linuxconf?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] RH7.2 - no linuxconf?
- Next by thread: nic config [was: [tlug] RH7.2 - no linuxconf?]
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links