Re: [tlug] RH7.2 - no linuxconf?

Hi Scott,

linuxconfig has always been a pain for me and never got things right.

Try using '/usr/sbin/netconfig'. Its simpler and meant for getting your
network up quickly.

Before that, your problem seems to be with the kernel not recognizing
your network card. The file /etc/modules.conf should have an entry like
'alias eth0 eepro100', based on your NIC (Intel Ethernet Pro 100 in this
case).

After adding that, run '/sbin/depmod -a' and then 'modprobe eepro100'
(replacing eepro100 with the module for your card). Then use netconfig
to setup networking.

That should be it. Let us know your progress.

- --
A. Sajjad Zaidi
System Administrator
Technology & Operations Div.