Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] localhost problem
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [tlug] localhost problem
- From: Godwin Stewart <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:14:47 +0100
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: Nope, none here, it's a mess ;o)
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 21:50:29 -0600, David Eduardo Gomez Noguera <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote to tlug <email@example.com>: > Hello. I am having a weird problem, since some time ago, and i havent > figured out what is wrong. Some programs doesnt find out localhost is > 127.0.0.1, but somes does. Make sure that: 1) There is an entry for localhost in your /etc/hosts file. 2) Check your /etc/host.conf to make sure the DNS lookup process uses hosts before bind. eg: "order hosts,bind" -- ____________________________________________ | G. Stewart -- firstname.lastname@example.org | | Port de Pontille, FR-37500 CHINON, FRANCE. | ____________________________________________
- [tlug] localhost problem
- From: David Eduardo Gomez Noguera
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Japanese site search?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] login
- Previous by thread: [tlug] localhost problem
- Next by thread: [tlug] Japanese site search?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links