Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] usen FTTH service?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [tlug] usen FTTH service?
- From: "Jim O'Connell" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 00:41:39 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Organization: MMDC.net
- References: <20020226222712.5670.SL@example.com><3C8384E7.firstname.lastname@example.org><20020305001407.4837.SL@example.com><email@example.com>
Just re-read the parent post: "..._usen's_ FTTH service..." Oops. Missed that... Still curious to see how the service is, though. -Jim On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 00:30:57 +0900 "Jim O'Connell" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > Is this the same as Usen? If not, do you have an URL for this service? > (I'm supposed to get ADSL finally tomorrow and here I am thinking about an upgrade...) > > -Jim > > PS - Should I be spam-proofing my address for this list? Does it get published in a web archive with the addresses intact? Just curious... > > On Tue, 05 Mar 2002 00:15:09 +0900 > Stephen Lee <email@example.com> wrote: > > > Havard Bell <Bell@example.com> wrote: > > > > > > Anybody here using usen's FTTH service? From reviews they seem to have > > > > good throughput, but I'd like to know how their service as a provider is. > > > > e.g. do they block ports, whether they have a good nntp server, etc. > > > > If you know of a site they have a review, I'd like to know too (Japanese > > > > is okay also). > > > > > > No links, but I spoke with one of their sales people a couple of weeks ago. She > > > claimed that they do not block any ports. She even said that you are free to set > > > up private servers. And they give you 5 static IP addresses on the basic > > > subscription, ca 6000 yen per month. > > > > > > Too good to be true? > > > > That is good news. I hope my landlord will let me wire (fiber?) the > > apartment. > > > > Stephen > > > > > >
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] usen FTTH service?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] CD Writers
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] usen FTTH service?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] usen FTTH service?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links