Re: [tlug] pcg-c1mrx / pcg-c1mv

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 04:15:32PM +0900, bhoward@example.com wrote:

>    PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 00:10.0

PCI BIOS is not assigning interrupts to its devices -- it expects the OS to
do so.

Laptops are notorious for this behavior, with Sony being the worst of the lot.

Linux's PCI init code seems to have varying levels of success with PCI fixups.
Compile a kernel with every PCI option available and see what happens.

> As an aside, I tried OpenBSD 3.0 to see if it had the same problem --
> it did seem to have better luck recognizing devices but I haven't

Ah!  You're not averse to *BSD!

This works for NetBSD and possibly OpenBSD -- compile a kernel with:

options         PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI I/O addresses
options         PCIBIOS_BUS_FIXUP       # fixup PCI bus numbering
options         PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI interrupt routing
options         PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP_FORCE

... and see what happens.  I'll be willing to bet that things will look
a LOT better.

-- Chris