Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Did you now??
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Did you now??
- From: Jonathan Q <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 01:05:34 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 12:19:29PM +0100
- References: <13507881ED4DD511B24F00508BB287BF013E3DBE@example.com> <email@example.com>
Godwin Stewart (firstname.lastname@example.org) wrote: > M$ *did* distribute a version of Unix a while back. Xenix. Is it a coincidence that it sounds kind of liek "xenophobe?" Probably, but it's pretty fitting :-) > However, I doubt they'd try and produce a Linux distro. They'd have a hell > of a job getting it to crash as often as Windows and to be as efficient at > spreading viruses :) Heheh, yeah :-) But seriously, the main obstacle would be how involved .net is in 'doze and 'doze is in .net. If .net were fully OS independent and if it succeeds as much as MS hopes it will, abandoning Windows would be relatively trivial for MS b/c most of their income would be coming from .net related things. Sun, of course, is not taking .net lying down and is far more *nix friendly (obviously) than MS. So .net may never come to what MS hopes it will. Let's hope not, anyway. Jonathan
- Re: [tlug] Did you now??
- From: Godwin Stewart
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Good J/E mail program
- Next by Date: [tlug] Gentoo site back up
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Did you now??
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Did you now??
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links