Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Gentoo install issue...
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Gentoo install issue...
- From: Jack Morgan <Jack.Morgan@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:22:12 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-2022-jp
- Organization: Morgan Stanley
- References: <424302D32895D211995700805F85D832027C0C5C@example.com>
"Doughty, Michael" wrote: > > I am looking for some info on Gentoo. Currently their site > is down due to the wonders of /. so if anyone knows any other > good repositories of Gentoo specific info, I would appreciate > it. I've been using gentoo for over a month. I like it. They have had this problem even before /. I guess it's becoming popular > Or, if you happen to be quite experienced with Gentoo, > perhaps you can answer my question directly. I went through > the install process a couple nights ago, and after compiling > X, I got to the step where it suggests you set your root > passwd, but when I tried, I was greeted with: > > bash: passwd: command not found Information on what packages are installed is in: /var/db/pkg/ The above problem is due to a libshadow/portage issue Solution from bugs.gentoo.org: Did sys-apps/shadow get merged? ls /var/db/pkg/sys-apps/shadow* -ld If not, manually install it with emerge /usr/portage/sys-apps/shadow You might update by doing: emerge rsync # gets latest package list emerge update # will update the base system emerge update --world # Update all installedpackages *NOTE: use the --pretend option first to see what will happen. If it looks like it will run smothly, then retry without it (eg emerge --pretend update) I am also sufering from this problem now ;-( jack_morgan
- [tlug] Gentoo install issue...
- From: Doughty, Michael
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] mutt configuration: /var/spool/mail/tony/:No such file or directory (errno=2)
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] mutt configuration: /var/spool/mail/tony/:No such file or directory (errno=2)
- Previous by thread: [tlug] Gentoo install issue...
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Gentoo install issue...
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links