Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Gentoo install issue...
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Gentoo install issue...
- From: Scott <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 20:21:54 -0500
- Content-type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed
On 10:22 2002/01/22 +0900, Jack Morgan wrote >? You might update by doing: emerge rsync # gets latest package list emerge update # will update the base system emerge update --world # Update all installedpackages Quick note on this---I'm still having trouble on update --world with XFree. I then, as was suggested, tried to just update Xfree with the r2 build (which is a new build Gentoo has) but still having that problem. So, if you run into an error on the update --world, it's also a recurring problem. (And let me know if you don't--might mean that they fixed it.) :) So, you might want to wait a few days on that step (of update --world) Standard updating seems to be going along without problems, however. Thanks Scott Robbins
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] what's coming for Linux in the year 2002
- Next by Date: RE: [tlug] Gentoo install issue...
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Gentoo install issue...
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Gentoo install issue...
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links