Re: Three questions

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

    >> system.  (Some idjit put the Samba unicode tables in /etc.
    >> that's just the stupidest thing I know about.)

    SN> Surely you can change that to a symbolic link in /etc?

<chortle>

        I can call spirits from the vasty deep.

        Why surely you can, and so can any man.  But will they come
        when you call?

(a) Making symlinks in /etc is not my job, mon.

(b) There are other, almost equally stupid things in there.  /usr/etc
    is empty.  It should not be.

It's not a coincidence that "Debian" starts with "D".  It's the worst
imaginable Linux distribution, except for all the others that have
been invented.  ;-)