Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: any future broadband rumors?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: any future broadband rumors?
- From: Jonathan Q <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 23:56:43 +0900
- Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
- In-Reply-To: <email@example.com>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 07:11:16PM +0900
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <3QoTN.A.pWC.2gUF6@example.com>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard (email@example.com) wrote: Richard> About a year ago I heard that Microsoft was getting together with Softbank Richard> and Tokyo Denryoko to form a company called SpeedNet that would offer Richard> broadband access nationwide. Here's an article from last year: Richard> Richard> http://www.businessweek.com/1999/99_47/b3656164.htm Richard> Richard> Anyone know whatever happened to that? If Microsoft were the only broadband provider in Japan, I'd stay with ISDN, thank you. GOL will be offering ADSL starting Dec. 1 (and also Flets ISDN). Look here for info: http://home.gol.com/personal/index_e.html Richard> Since I live in the middle of nowhere Exactly where? If you're in the middle of nowhere, you are probably SOL for the time being. For anyone to offer DSL, it's totally dependent on NTT's construction schedule for putting DSL equipment in their COs. Unless of course you want to build your own telephone network. If you're really away from things, your best shot might be 128K ISDN dialup. That's what I'm using right now, and while it's a far cry from the switched 100baseT I have at work, it doesn't stink as dialup goes. Jonathan Disclosure: I work for Exodus/GOL
- any future broadband rumors?
- From: "Richard" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: Writting a vi macro, help please.
- Next by Date: Re: any future broadband rumors?
- Prev by thread: Re: any future broadband rumors?
- Next by thread: Re: any future broadband rumors?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links