Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] マニュアルチック
- Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 11:01:34 +0900
- From: "Stephen A. Carter" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] マニュアルチック
- References: <CACvCDgba1iKzf7LYWzzGh=CCy_1oZLiqzddbkRxaZJCq8i=_KQ@mail.gmail.com> <4FC7F8B9.email@example.com> <1338515871.10205.140661083474425.7B5C9DBA@webmail.messagingengine.com>
- Organization: HTIC Nagoya, Ltd.
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (X11/20081209)
David J Iannucci wrote:In this case, we have マニュアルチック＊に＊, and one might question why the need for チック if we have に, and again I can't offer an authoritative theory, but it may be simply to augment to adverbial-ness of the expression. In other words, I read this example (sorry, I aggressively trimmed it out as a knee-jerk reaction to the recent list-iquette uproar on main list :-) as "You can manually shift it up-down" I would love to get some native-speaker input on this question. Maybe I'll just ask my wife when I get home :-) :-)Yeah, that makes sense: "you can shift up and down with the feel of a stick shift."Forget what I whote before. -- Stephen A. Carter firstname.lastname@example.org Nagoya, Japan
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] マニュアルチック
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] マニュアルチック
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] Usage of "should"
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links