Re: [Lingo] English help

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Nguyễn Vũ Hưng <vuhung16plus@example.com> wrote:
>> Context is king, as usual.
> +1. This is a key point for translating.

The eternal headache!  I am asked from time to time what something
means or how to say something (from English) in Japanese and I always
ask what the context is and often I'm told "there is no context"
generally meaning it's someone downstream without access to whatever
context was upstream.  I had one weird phrase come up that I was
luckily able to track down the context for by searching for the entire
phrase via Google.  It had been taken from a book that was available
on-line and then (slightly) edited and inserted - out of context -
within other text!  A true nightmare!

Lyle