Re: [Lingo] Bulgarian and Russian and Romanian (oh my?)

On 7 March 2011 19:39, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> .........  Sort of like the way
> anybody can handle such incorrect spelling as "labour" (and certain
> incorrigibles even prefer it! hard to believe, I know).

Yep, we should should be following Noah Webster's canon, even if he
couldn't quite make corrections such as "picnick" stick.  ;-)}

Jim

[I've forgotten. Who WAS the guy in TLUG years ago who was quite
convinced that people who wrote "centre", "neighbour", etc. only
did so because they were being defiantly anti-American? Worked for one of
the early Linux distros, and fled from Japan at the earliest opportunity.]

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University