[Lingo] Bulgarian and Russian and Romanian (oh my?) (was: Alternatives to sed + awk)

Responding on lingo because that's where it belongs.

Josh Glover writes:

 > Bulgarian is a South Slavic language, as are Macedonian (Bulgarian
 > with a regional accent for all intents and purpose) and
 > Serbo-Croat.

All of the Croatians I know (1, but at 205cm, 125kg, I listen when he
speaks ;-) say "Serbo-Croat" is an oppressive invention of Serbian
linguists, similar to the way the Russians blocked introduction of
some Ukrainain-specific cyrillic characters into Unicode for about a
decade.