Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] One Last Thing ... (was CJK Setup)
- Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:52:13 +0200
- From: Niels Kobschätzki <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] One Last Thing ... (was CJK Setup)
- References: <14178ED3A898524FB036966D696494FB139CAA@messenger.cv63.navy.mil> <469C71EC.email@example.com> <20070717101243.GB66113@mail.scottro.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jul 17, 2007, at 1:28 PM, Jim Breen wrote:
On 17/07/07, Scott Robbins <email@example.com> wrote:
I don't know if this email will get through, but this is a gmail thing.
It's why, unlike many, I don't use gmail for mailing lists. It will not
give you copies of your post to a mailing list, and they consider it a
feature despite the fact that no one seems to want it.
They feel it avoids clutter.
It took me a while to get used to it, but now the absence of a copy of my mail
coming back doesn't bother me. If I want to look at it, it's there in Sent Mail.
I find it nowadays good that I do not get a copy of the mail and I wonder always when there is a mailing-list which manages it that I get one (they are rare but they'll exist).
If I wanna have complete conversations, my mails included I have smart folders (saved searches on mails). On the other hand I try to keep my inbox as empty as possible anyway (w/out automatic filters).
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] One Last Thing ... (was CJK Setup)
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] words with kanji in common
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] One Last Thing ... (was CJK Setup)
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] One Last Thing ... (was CJK Setup)
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links