Re: [Lingo] Re: Archives should now handle 日本語、English, и Бьлгарски / Русский

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 08:59:01 +0900, "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com>
wrote:

> Are these actually in Unicode? I know I've seen Sindarin and Quenya
> fonts, as well as Dwarvish runes, Black Speech, etc. back in the day,
> but I think they just mapped to ASCII.

AFAIK, Sindarin, Quenya and Black Speech (which is a form of Elvish
anyway - read "The Silmarillion" for the origins) all use the same
character set. More often than not, though, they're written in romaji.

This said....

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,23666-order,1-page,1-c,alldownloads/description.html

The .zip file you can download from there[1] contains .txt and .pdf
documents about the mapping.

> What about Klingon?

You'll find something here, probably:
http://www.kasper-online.de/en/docs/startrek/klingon.htm

[1] - Tar'ed and bzip2'ed:
      http://bonivet.net/misc/TengwarQuenya_v19E.tar.bz2

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

The reason we come up with new versions is not to fix bugs.  It's
absolutely not.
                        -- Bill Gates