Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing

Josh Glover writes:

 > On 30/06/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
 >
 > > That's the rule in English, too, you know.
 >
 > That is the "rule" in informal English, but if you are writing an
 > academic paper or a novel, your editor will be happy to explain all
 > the usage rules governing commas. :)

That editor will have to fear mome rath[sic] outgrabe, then.  I've
studied my Suzette Haden Elgin.  (The Gentle Art of Verbal
Self-Defense, for those of you who aren't linguists or are too
professionally stuck-up to read that pop-lx junk.)
http://www.amazon.com/Gentle-Art-Verbal-Self-Defense/dp/0880290307

(Sorry about hopping the pacific, guys, but the local stock is, well, out.)

In-many-cases-I-*am*-the-editor-ly y'rs,