Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] remembering japanese words
- Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 08:46:26 +0900
- From: "Josh Glover" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] remembering japanese words
- References: <466F29D9.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070612234007.GA34136@mail.scottro.net>
On 13/06/07, Scott Robbins <email@example.com> wrote:
Write letters. If it's too embarrassing to write to a friend, because he'll snicker at your Japanese, write to an imaginary friend--or, write to a friend in your own country, but in Japanese. (You don't have to send it, just write it.)
Very good idea.
Again, I am coming from a background in university-level Japanese language instruction, but one thing that helped a lot was writing 作文 (essays). We were assigned 作文 every couple of days. At first, they were really simple things like describing a room (「部屋 の中に窓があります。窓の左側に机があります。机の上にスタンドがあります。机の下に猫がいます。。」), but they grew in complexity as we learned new grammar and words.
The main idea is to use the words you are learning in as many different ways are you can, thus building those neural networks.
This can, in my humble opinion as one of the least fluent speakers on this list, be helpful.
Yeah right. ;)
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] remembering japanese words
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] inTransitive
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] remembering japanese words
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] remembering japanese words
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links