Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use
- Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:48:33 +0900
- From: "Josh Glover" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use
- References: <E1HvBEf-0008Be-OB@hikari.tlug.jp> <466D9D3F.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <466E1C3B.email@example.com>
On 12/06/07, Darren Cook <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
The honyaku list uses the term "Googits" to refer to the number of hits for each alternative, and those professional translators seem to use it a lot.
However, I find it dangerous: Google may be doing clever stuff, or may do so in the future. E.g. if they introduce a rule that knows you cannot use "を" with "読める" (*), so they fix that grammar mistake and return you the "が読める" hits.
I seriously doubt that Google would do this. Look at how they handle mispelling (sic):
Having said that, I use the technique all the time :-).
Well, I owe you and Don both a pint for pointing it out to me. Collect at the nomikai this Friday. :)
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use
- Next by Date: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use
- Previous by thread: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use
- Next by thread: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links