tlug: NEC Aterm

I've got a friend over here who has some problems with a NEC Aterm series
TA, can anybody help him out???
rock@example.com

------
Thanks for explaining the lack of Linux support for the NEC Aterm series.
In fact (coincidentally?) my Aterm IT55 went on the fritz early this
morning and seems to think it is on battery power (flashing PWR lamp) when
it is not (no batteries in it).  After calling the NEC service center (how
can a line be so consistently engaged) and trying to reset it according t
their instructions using  DIP switches 4, 5, and 6, it seems to be well and
truly screwed.  The digital line is working as is analog port A, but
call-in ports B and C are dead, and there is heavy noise interference on
port A.   The Raku Raku utility shows that all sub-addresses on port B and
C are set correctly.
Have you ever heard of an attempt to use Linux with one of the Aterm series
causing a hardware failure like this?
Even if it can be repaired, if it does not support Linux, then it is junk
for my purposes.
---------

Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: January, 2000
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)