RE: tlug: Caldera Japanese version (more comments)

Scott wrote:
> Wow--a question I can actually answer on this list.  :)

Glad I could be of service.

> I gave it one gig (and 133 MB for swap) put in the home user choice, then
> added star office and word perfect and had plenty of room left over.

Just wondering, in the good old days, we used to say that a swap
partition should be 2N+1, where N is the RAM on your computer.  Is
this still the conventional wisdom?  Is that only reasonable for computers
with little ram?  On a machine 128MB, a 257MB swap file just seems
a little large to me.

Regards,

Andrew Drapp

application/ms-tnef