Re: tlug: Caldera Japanese version (Clearification)

>Oh, yeah, can I have a pointer to the Partition Magic sources?  I've
>always been curious about why they're better than fdisk.

Well, I think that Partition Magic is better because is a no-destructive
partition machine. Working under Windows everything goes smoothly and
quickly without necessity to format the partitions and install the systems
again. Also, one doesn't need to defragment their hard disks before the
partition, it's done automaticaly during the creation of partition. As a
bonus, the Partition Magic cames with the Boot Magic that is GUI boot
manager very cool.

I don't have any problems with reconfiguring the lilo, but for the normal
newbie user (even if one is not a newbie for Windows) that is not only a
pain in the neck, it's something almost impossible to achieve...

Marcos

Marcos de Parahyba Campos
Ph.D. Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
7-3 Kanagawa-ku Shirohatanishichou
Satsukisou 205 Yokohama
Japan 221-0074
Tel/FAX: 81+045-434-4490
E-mail: marcospbc@example.com
Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/hall/7631
Next Technical Meeting: November 13 (Sat), 13:30 place: Temple Univ.
* Network Security                               speaker: Steve Baur
Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691