Re: tlug: Re: Posting Japanese text to the web bulletin (was Re: Japanese emails and jlatex under RedHut 6.1)

Naoki Saito <saito@example.com> writes:

> Hello,
> Jonathan Byrnes suggested that I should get the Japanized version of netscape
> 4.51 from Laser5 site.  So, I did get it and installed.
> But I still cannot cut and paste my Japanese sentences displayed on kterm
> to and from my friend's bulletin board on his web.
>
> Based on Jonathan's suggestion, I also set the environmental variable
> export LANG=ja_JP.ujis
>
> (Previously, I didn't set this variable.)
> Unfortunately, I still cannot cut and paste from kterm.
> When I invoke kterm, I got the following error:
> $  kterm &
> [2] 869
> $ Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
> Warning: Actions not found: begin-conversion
> Couldn't set locale: ja_JP.eucJP,ja_JP.ujis,ja_JP.EUC,japanese.euc,Japanese-EUC,ja,japan
> Warning: Actions not found: begin-conversion
> Warning: Actions not found: begin-conversion
>
> Is this the source of my problems?  What should I do?
> For your info, I am using RedHut 6.1 (English version).

Did you install the "locale-ja" package from say the JRPM project.
I'm using "locale-ja-2.1.1.1-2.noarch.rpm" under RH6.0 from
<ftp://ftp.kddlabs.co.jp:/Linux/jrpm/JRPM60/ALL/>.

Jens
Next Technical Meeting: November 13 (Sat), 13:30 place: Temple Univ.
* Network Security                               speaker: Steve Baur
Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691