Re: tlug: ISDN Access

>OCN Economy Service is like a party line.  You and up to 20 other people
>all share a 128K leased line.  I'll let you figure out what happens if
>everybody tries to transfer a file at once.

Where did you get the 20 people figure from? I've heard 24 (from DION, an
OCN alternative), and 12 (from SoftCreate - an NTT agent selling OCN
lines). But I get good bandwidth from OCN - in fact close to what I'd see
if I had all 128K to myself.

Incidentally NTT just announced a price drop from 38,000 to 32,000,
starting October 1st.

Darren

Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** Linux 8th Birthday Anniversary! ***
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.
*** Topics: 1) Linux i18n   2) Japanese TrueType fonts