Re: tlug: RMAIL mangles messages

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999 11:55:00 +0900 (JST),
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> writes:

>     Stuart> I'm trying to use RMAIL in emacs 20.3 for my Japanese mail,
>
> Very bad idea; RMail is obsolete and not maintained by anybody who
> knows anything about internationalization.  Switch to VM.

Stephen, have you heard of mew?  Check out http://www.mew.org

It support MH style mail folders, but without using mh.  In mh,
folders are directories, and messages are files.  Great for think like
storing a message in multiple folders.  It's represented as a link, so
really only a single copy is stored.

Mew also has good support for MIME, PGP, and I think it has good
support for internationalization (at least Japanese).  Works under GNU
Emacs and XEmacs.

Do check it out.  BTW, you'll need to install the mh replacement
called im (Internet Message).  It is written in Perl.

cheers,
Drago
Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** Linux 8th Birthday Anniversary! ***
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.
*** Topics: 1) Linux i18n   2) Japanese TrueType fonts