Re: tlug: Redhat 6 and Japanese.

    James>     Thanks, just one last quick question.  I've actually
    James> been meaning to ask this for a while.  Does it matter what
    James> order I install these files in?  For example should I
    James> install locale-ja first then Canna then the rest, or does
    James> it not matter?

In some cases it certainly will matter; I forget which depends on
which, but eg kon2 and kon2-font must be installed in a specific order
or you will get dependency errors.

Of course, the reason that I've forgotten is that RPM will take care
of all that for you:

			  rpm -i /tmp/kon2*

will Do The Right Thing[tm].  Just load up everything you think you
need on the command line (eg, put RPMs and only RPMs in /tmp/rpm and
then do `rpm -i /tmp/rpm/*' and you should win).

Why `rpm -i /tmp/kon2-0.3.7-3JRPM60.i386.rpm' doesn't politely ask
"You really need kon2-fonts, and you seem to have it in
/tmp/kon2-font-0.3.7-3JRPM60.i386.rpm.  Shall I install them
together?" is another smoke entirely.

Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.