Re: tlug: Green Frog Linux 0.3a Released

Austin Kurahone wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >Please forgive my ignorance. What are the major features of the >Green Frog
> >distribution?
> Features? *Laugh*  It's more like the lack there of... ;-)
>
> >From the Official web page (http://www.linuxstart.com/~austin)
> At this moment (Release 0.3a) it containts:
> Linux 2.2.10+devfs v99
> egcs 1.1.2
> glibc 2.1.1
> ncurses 5.0beta
> Perl 5.005
> and a bunch of other stuff. Basically it is a bare minimum Linux system that
> will allow you to boot and compile stuff. It contains
> most necccecary network stuff(ftpd, lshd, telnetd <-disabled by default,
> exim, clients for each).

If you're running glibc 2.1.x, make sure that if you include Samba in
your distribution that it's version 2.0.5 or later - previous versions
fall prey to glibc 2.1.x's incorrect reporting of 64-bit filehandles and
will lose the Windows networking locking bits as a result, which results
in data corruption.

--
Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>