tlug: Slightly OT - making a cross-ethernet cable

Hello All,
	I know this isn't really Linux, but I figure the guys in this group will
be able to answer this question fairly readily.
	I simply want to connect two computers at home, and because I'm a cheap
bastard, I don't want to buy a hub or even lay down the money on a proper
cross cable. Instead, I'm willing to cannabalise a regular ethernet cable
and cross the wires by hand.
	The question is, how should the wires line up? I see eight in there: red,
blue, green, black, an four white ones (the white ones have stripes but i
can't see them clearly enough because I haven't cut the thing open yet.
	So, can anyone tell me which ones to connect with which others in order to
make a cross-cable?

	Dave

Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:30                        Place: TBD
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.