tlug: ODN w/Linux

On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 06:04:06PM +0900, Eric S. Standlee wrote:
> Has anyone gotten service with ODN using LINUX?  I followed the attached
> English instructions to the letter with changes for Linux, but after the
> phone picks up and handshakes, pppd never comes on-line.

Yes, I use ODN.  I didn't notice the English instructions, I simply set up
PPP to dial in, authenticate with PAP (with a line in
/etc/ppp/pap-secrets)... and I was online.  You might try adding (more?)
debuggin (see pppd's debug and kdebug options) and watching the logs during
a connection to find out where it is failing.

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   ICQ: 5981586

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.