tlug: Re: AOL Spam

Fredric Fredricson wrote:
> ... I have dreamt of some algorithm or heuristic to automatically
> delete spam.
> Maybe it would be possible to find some common characteristics in spam
> that would make a spam-filter possible. Interesting idea ;-).

Done already.  SpamBouncer procmail addition:
http://www.hrweb.org/spambouncer/index.shtml

It cover's known spam houses, and also does common spam feature
checking.
It's updated frequently, has many options, including the ability to
auto-complain, and save mail with different levels of suspicion to
different places, including /dev/null, and return either bounced mail
messages or an explanation of what happened to the senders.

Works quite well in my experience, although sometimes 'trashes' test
messages to myself.  (I don't delete them, but do the ulta-low priority
folder method.)  And of course, nothing can catch 100% of spam.

--
Howard
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691