Re: tlug: AOL Spam

On Wed, Mar 10, 1999 at 11:14:01PM +0100, Fredric Fredricson wrote:

> Spam does not _really_ bother me that much. Can't be more than one or
> two in a hundred emails but I always get upset because I DID NOT ASK
> FOR IT. I have dreamt of some algorithm or heuristic to automatically
> delete spam.

This would be a never-ending story, so long as the heuristics used to
identify spam were public --- spammers then study your heuristics and
generate spam that doesn't look like spam, which you then study and
incorporate into your heuristic, which they then study ...

An under-inclusive filter and the delete key are the best medicine.

Cheers,
--
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691