tlug: A myriad of mailers

It seems the main choices for mail servers are:

sendmail - no-one likes it, but everyone uses it (70% according to next link).

postfix - http://postfix.gol.ad.jp/start.html. Sendmail replacement, fast,
easy to administer, and secure. Touts itself as competitor to qmail.

Qmail - http://www.jp.qmail.org/qmail/top.html. Similar claims to postfix.

Exim - http://www.exim.org. Sendmail replacement and extension of smail3.

Netscape; Post.Office - Commercial replacements for sendmail. I've used the
NT versions of both of these and found them very easy to setup, but quite
complex if you want to do anything unusual (program delivery, etc.)

Does anyone have any to add, and opinions on their good/bad points. I was
hoping I'd find a neutral site that compares them, but I've yet to find one.

I found a qmail how-to on allowing POP3 access [1] without having to create
a user account for each user, which sounds like a great idea. But maybe
they can all do this?

Darren

[1]: http://www.tibus.net/pgregg/projects/qmail/single-uid-howto.txt

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691