Re: tlug: A myriad of mailers

On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 08:56:36PM +0000, Darren Cook wrote:
> I found a qmail how-to on allowing POP3 access [1] without having to create
> a user account for each user, which sounds like a great idea. But maybe
> they can all do this?

Probably.  Exim certainly can.  (The config.samples directory contains a
variety of configuration files, including those that look up users in a
variety of ways besides getpwnam()//etc/passwd.  It also can impose its
own quotas on non-login users.)

Another way of handling this is to use the Cyrus IMAPD (and POP3) server
which handles all mail deliveries and IMAP/POP services within a closed
system (it is the only thing to touch mail deliveries or accesses).  You
tell your MTA to use it for local deliveries.
http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/cyrus/imapd/

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   ICQ: 5981586

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691