Re: tlug: Distributions... again :-)

>Senario:  I've been asked to evaluate which linux
>distribution would be best to develope on for servers based
>here in Japan.  Japanese/Kanji support is vital, though the
>distribution will most likely be English-based.  I don't

If it's just a server (no on-screen display of Japanese needed and you will
not need to edit Japanese files in place), and you don't need Japanese
filenames, then it shouldn't matter. I've setup Japanese web sites (with
cgi that process Japanese input, and send Japanese email) on English NT and
unix.

Darren

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691