tlug: TX Packet errors & collision

Good afternoon,

Recently I've observed that my linux box is connecting quite
slow(telnet,
and Samba connection)
I checked the packets using ifconfig and found errors in the
TX packets(the result of ifconfig is written below).I've double
checked the network configuration and the network itself and found no
misconfiguration.

System: Redhat 5.2 (2.0.36)

I'm wondering what this TX packet errors and collision mean.
Any comments,suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Regan Nayve
regan.nayve@example.com

# Link encap & other address is OK.
TX packets:145264  errors:2 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:2
collision:34
Interrupt:9 Base address:0x300