Re: tlug: trouble in smb setting

>Linux box is named tetsu, and Win98 is yuki.  A printer named "canon" is
>connected to tetsu and it is to be shared with yuki.

I set up something similar with this minimalist conf file:
---smb.conf------
[global]
guest account = ftp
guest only=yes
security=share
workgroup=WORKGROUP

[CanonBJC]
path = /var/spool/samba
printable = yes
guest ok = yes
writable = yes
printer name = lp

This assume the windows machine has the printer driver installed.

>Get_Hostbyname: Unknown host MailAndNews.com.
>Failed to get my hostname.

I don't remember seeing errors like this. Does other networking work okay?
Does your hosts file have entries for tetsu and yuki?

Darren

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691