tlug: latex2html with Linux

    Dmytro> Problem I'm experiencing with it I feel related to file
    Dmytro> locking on Linux.

I doubt this.  There's only one process writing to the file, no?

    Dmytro> English latex code gets translated into HTML easily and
    Dmytro> without any problems (well, almost but I was able to
    Dmytro> resolve them), but when I'm doing the same with Ukrainian
    Dmytro> (f.y.i. it's one byte encoding, using high half of ASCII
    Dmytro> table) all gets screwed.

Is the encoding ISO-8859 compatible?  If so, telling latex2html you're
using ISO-8859-1 will work except you will have to fiddle TeX fonts.
You may be able to use ISO-8859-<cyrillic>, and then won't have a font
problem.  (I suspect that this is not entirely satisfactory for
Ukrainian, but if it works, it's an option until you can get the
preferred encding working.)

    Dmytro> Most of the chapters, sections are repeated twice (or more
    Dmytro> times). Usually one/two of these multiple entries cut in
    Dmytro> part randomly.

I doubt this is file locking; this sounds more like Perl is having
parsing problems.  Do you have a locale-aware Perl (Perl 5's usually
are)?  Do you have a satisfactory Ukrainian locale database?

BTW, on a different topic, I was told that Unicode is unsatisfactory
for Ukrainians.  Do you agree?  Can you explain why some people think
so?  (Please do so privately to me, I don't think it's of much
interest to TLUG; TLUGers who care can write me---not Dmytro, who may
have nothing to say, and shouldn't get extra annoyance if not.)

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691