RE: tlug: Grrr... Why won't the same solution work for the same problem twice?

>That sounds about right.  I don't think you can go 1024 x 768 with a 1
>meg video card.  Try it at 640 x 480 and see if that works.  If it does,
>go up to 800 x 600 and see if that works.  If not, fall back to 640 x
>480, or treat yourself to a new video card (if you don't have AGP and
>want to keep that motherboard, move fast; PCI video cards are becoming
>downright scarce).

I was kind of expecting 1024X768 (256 colours only) because that's what I
got on this machine way, way back in the day when it was a Win95 machine.
Perhaps I've gotten the VRAM wrong as well... I'm capable of just about any
mistake, no matter how large or small.
Buying a new one is kind of out of the question... I'm intending to make
this machine a server eventually. I just wanted to get Xwindows working so
that i can access the RH control panel which does a few things better than
linuxconf, and also because i simply hate having a computer that won't do
what i tell it to do. If it thinks it's going to get away with not running
Xwindows when i tell it to...
But I'll be content if i can get it to cough up 640X480. That would be
enough for me to do all my setting up and stuff, and then I won't have to
look at it any more when I take away it's monitor and put it on the LAN.

>Good luck!

Thanks Jonathan... I'll need it.

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691