re: tlug: Canna with Emacs 20.2 on RH 5.0?

    Irene> Would it be safe to uninstall the older packages and try
    Irene> the new ones instead?
    >> Yes.

    Matt> Really? I have the impression that on a Red Hat system you
    Matt> need both the old and the new libraries -- unless that was
    Matt> just an error in packaging RH 5.1, that doesn't affect other
    Matt> versions.

OK, I stand corrected.  I haven't used a packaged version of JPEG in 3
years....

    Matt> At any rate, Red Hat 5.2 includes 'libjpeg-6b-7.i386.rpm'
    Matt> (the new one) and 'libjpeg6a-6a-2.i386.rpm'. I have found I
    Matt> need both, but of course it depends on what jpeg-using
    Matt> packages you have.

Could you send me the output of ldd on the two libraries?

<rant>
AAAArrrGGGGGGHHHHHHhhhhhh!  Red Hat!  Ku-RRRRRRis!  You said they did
it right!!  You promised!  Liar, liar, pants on fire!
</rant>

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691