tlug: providers with global / static IP's

Hello,

	Well, here I am, tail between my legs. It seems that I have
lost the battle with Tokyo Cable to get a "global" IP. You may
remember I signed up with them only to find that they only provided
private IP addresses.

After quite some time on the phone with them, I've determined:

	1) They are quite an unfriendly, almost caustic, bunch.
	2) I probably can't get my money back.
	3) Its at least partially my one fault for not asking enough
	   questions, and assuming the sales people would understand
	   what I was after.
	4) I need to find another way!

Enough ranting. Does anyone know of any other providers that will
give me full time access and either dhcp served or static global IPs?

Hopefully this would be another cable provider, though with Tokyu in
the area, I kind of doubt there will be other competition.

To be honest, I find it hard to justify the 500,000 yen a year for
OCN to get what I'm after. I mainly want the experience of setting
everything up from the firewall on in, the satisfaction of making all
work, and freedom to experiment. Its sorta along the lines of "I don't
want to install some rpm. Give me the source and let me suffer through
the compile/install... and learn a bit in the process"

Thanks,

	Andy
Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: Feb 13 (Sat), 12:30    ace: Temple Univ.