Re: tlug: Problems with 3Com 3C575-TX

Marcus Metzler <mocm@example.com> wrote,

> Scott Stone writes:
>
>  > > option enabled and have a look what is going on inside.
>  >
>  > I wonder if the problem is specific to this card, or if other cardbus
>  > cards would have similar problems?  Does anyone have, say, an APA-1480
>  > SCSI cardbus card and a Ricoh cardbus controller like the Vaio does?
>  >
> If the Vaio has the Ricoh RC5C475 which I have in my Sharp PC-PJ1 than
> the 1480 doesn't work yet. I haven't tried the pcmcia-cs 3.0.6 though.
> The specs for this controller appeared on the Ricoh web site
> (http://www.ricoh.co.jp/LSI/english/ and click on ASSP) at the
> end of October and I told David Hinds about them. I haven't seen
> anything in the change log of the 3.0.6 version that suggest that
> David has done something about the controller, but I haven't tried
> them on the PC-PJ1 either. So if you have the latest pcmcia-cs and it
> doesn't work maybe you should tell David about it. Or if you get the
> specs yourself and fix it that may even be better :).

Actually David answered to my posting on the PCMCIA
HyperNews site.  I sent him a detailed problem report and
maybe he has an idea.  Let's see.  Otherwise, I think that
is not so much the controller, but the CardBus interface,
which causes the trouble (or somehow the combination of
both).  We have a PC-PJ1 here in the lab, which works
perfectly with pcmcia 3.0.6 and a 16-bit non-CardBus
Ethernet card (maybe you remember, you helped us with a
patch, when we first installed Linux on the machine).

And thanks for the pointer to the specs!

Manuel
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD