Re: tlug: Problems with 3Com 3C575-TX

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Marcus Metzler wrote:

> Scott Stone writes:
>
>  > > option enabled and have a look what is going on inside.
>  >
>  > I wonder if the problem is specific to this card, or if other cardbus
>  > cards would have similar problems?  Does anyone have, say, an APA-1480
>  > SCSI cardbus card and a Ricoh cardbus controller like the Vaio does?
>  >
> If the Vaio has the Ricoh RC5C475 which I have in my Sharp PC-PJ1 than
> the 1480 doesn't work yet. I haven't tried the pcmcia-cs 3.0.6 though.

That's the one.  3.0.6 adds 'official' support for that chip, though.
There's nothing in the changelog, but there is something in the code which
makes that previous patch that you sent me to add the support not needed
(ie, everything appears to already be defined for that chip).  Indeed, I
have a vaio here which works fine using a 3c589D (non-cardbus) card, so
the chip must be supported now... must just be that the cardbus side of
things doesn't completely work yet.

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)

Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD