Re: tlug: Afraid to boot

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Neil Booth wrote:

> Hi Kei,
>
> You and Scott are both right. It wouldn't boot by itself; even when I
> unplugged the IDE drive. So I booted off a floppy, reran LILO with the
> IDE unplugged, and then rebooted with the IDE plugged in. At boot, the
> LILO boot code complains it can find no active partition on the IDE, and
> proceeds to boot from the SCSI (which is of course what happened just
> after I first installed the IDE, but I wasn't paying attention then).
>
> So I guess I'm going to have to put my kernels on the IDE, and the boot
> sector, like you suggest.
>
> It's a shame LILO functions OK when run and it doesn't know of an IDE,
> but when it knows of one it messes up. If I get really ambitious one
> day, I may try and change this.
>
> I haven't checked, but there may be a newer version than 20 too.

I checked on this fairly recently (seeing if a newer one was out for TL
3.0.1), but I didn't find anything newer than 20.

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)

Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 at Temple Univ. Japan
*NEW LOCATION* a map is available at http://www.tuj.ac.jp/maps.html
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691