tlug: e-mail/ipaddress/masquerading

I met a man who bought a series of ip addresses and, as best as I can
tell, nameserves them up ?randomly? on a first-come basis as different
names...

For instance his address is koji@example.com or www.kumamo.to .

I am interested in how this is possible.  I understood that you have to
one-for-one ip address to domain name...

Before anyone flames me and tells me to get the networking book, I know
that is a good idea, but since I cannot just up and go to a bookstore and
find one anywhere around here I have been procrastinating.

Please, just give me a hint as to how this is done.  Sounds like a good
business I might be able to start on the side from home.

By the way, I mentioned linux and he says he uses it.  No chance he is a
TLUGger???

TIA,

Eric S. Standlee
Kashihara City, Nara Prefecture, Japan
e-w.standlee@example.com
fwiw3980@example.com <default>

Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 at Temple Univ. Japan
*NEW LOCATION* a map is available at http://www.tuj.ac.jp/maps.html
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691