Re: tlug: Kernel hackers?

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Neil Booth wrote:

> What don't you like about it? (Serious question). I've only been on the
> list 3 months, so I guess I've missed a lot of the history.

Apart from being poorly documented, the aic7xxx series were physically
dodgy.  The first several revisions couldn't drive more than four devices
because some engineer couldn't figure out Ohm's Law, for instance.

I personally feel that they're popular only because Adaptec occupies a
position in the SCSI business roughly equivalent to that Cisco enjoys in
the network world.  I recommend Buslogic/Mylex cards (but _not_ FlashPoint
series).

--	Chris (wileyc@example.com)

Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 *** place TBA ***
IMPORTANT: TLUG is looking for a venue for the next meeting
if you could host in your university or office, please contact us
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691