Re: tlug: Relocating LILO

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Thomas Joseph Haslam wrote:

> Inside of Windows, run Dos.  At the prompt >\

Sorry, I don't do Windows :-)

<Large snip>

That sounds like a really roundabout way to the solution.  The other one I
received (and which worked perfectly) was to just edit /etc/lilo.conf and
change the boot=/dev/hda3 line to boot=/dev/hda, then run lilo.  That
overwrote the MBR with a lilo boot record and got me exactly where I wanted to
go today :-)

> Not following the news/gossip. but good luck with whatever the new venture is.

To be announced in a few days :-)

Jonathan