Re: tlug: apache 1.3.3

Chris Sekiya wrote:

> I certainly hope that your box doesn't have a permanent connection to the
> net, for your sake.  It's a member of HJ's
> "i-know-it's-insecure-but-i-don't-give-a-damn" libc family.

No, this is a dial-up box with a paranoid hosts*. I use it for writing
web pages, mostly. I haven't been very good about upgrading things for a
while ;( Guess I have an interesting weekend in front of me - the last
time I did a major lib upgrade just about everything broke.

BTW for those of you using dial-up:

schweiz$ cat /etc/hosts.allow
#
ALL          : LOCAL
# End of hosts.allow.

schweiz$ cat /etc/hosts.deny
#
ALL : All
# End of hosts.deny.

Will keep a box relatively safe while you're on-line.

Regards,

Jim S.