Re: tlug: Sony VAIO & apm

Thanks to Andy for pointing out that apmd will prevent suspend
from working.  It wasn't the cause in this case, but it's good to
know about that pit before falling into it.

I think I've found the answer.  Phoenix ships a utility called
"phdisk.exe" with BIOS versions that are capable of suspend and
resume.  The version of phdisk.exe depends on the BIOS version.
Phoenix doesn't sell direct, but either my support disks for the
Sony or the Sony site should have a copy for the 731.

With phdisk.exe, you can apparently alter the size of the suspend
area, which is nice if you don't have the max 128 megs of RAM
installed and are squeezed for space.

I'll post a short note when this has either worked out nicely or
bitten me again.

Cheers,
--
-x80