Re: tlug: Re: ISDN problems

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Lance Cummings wrote:

> On 9 Nov 98, at 15:19, Chris Sekiya wrote:
>
> > *sigh*
>
> You can say that again.  ;-)
>
> > Try exactly this from your terminal:
> >
> > ATZ
> > ATDT5489-8200
>
> Both Hyperterminal in Windows and seyon in Linux produce the same
> result:
>
> ATZ
> OK
> ATDT5489-8200
> NO CARRIER

normal, I think.  3Web's server expects the client to initiate an LCP
request right after connection.  Oh, wait, you're not ever getting an
initial CONNECT response, are you.  Might it be busy?  make sure you do
'ATX4' to turn on extended result codes.  also do 'AT&C1&D2' just to be
safe (turns on carrier detect and DTR handling ...)

I suspect, though, that you need to dig out your manual and find the
command to put the TA into synchronous mode.

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)