Re: tlug: OpenGL driver for Linux

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Takeshi Hakamada wrote:

> From: Scott Stone <sstone@example.com>
> > > What is DGA extention? I don't know about it. :-
> > > Also, I don't get video noise either with my STB card.
> >
> > hm, I also have an STB.. Chris, what kind is yours?  Mine's a PCI STB
> > Velocity 128... Takeshi, is yours AGP or PCI?
>
> Mine is an AGP STB Velocity128.
>
> > DGA is the XFree86 Direct Graphics Addressing extension.  Kinda like
> > directX for X :).  Run the dga test program 'dga' to try it.  It'll
> > segfault your X server, most likely.  CTRL-ALT-DEL will still work,
> > though.
>
> Oh, thanks. I'll try it tonight. Do you know any applications/games
> which take advantage of DGA extention?

Maelstrom does.  Anything linked with SDL does.  Xmame does.. UAE does...

Try Maelstrom, since it's small.  Just add the -fullscreen or --fullscreen
commandline options.  Works on all cards EXCEPT the Riva128.  At least,
all cards that I've tried.

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)