Re: tlug: OpenGL driver for Linux

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Takeshi Hakamada wrote:

> From: Scott Stone <sstone@example.com>
> > > I agree with you about databook, but I think that unveiling
> > > complete databook is unlikelihood.
> >
> > well, they should - all the other chipset manufacturers have, it seems.
> >
> > > It is also good if they deliver glide like low level API for Linux.
> >
> > even if they just work with the Mesa folks to get Mesa-GL supporting the
> > Riva, that would be great.
>
> Yes. ;)
> Nvidia has skillful OpenGL/X engineers who left SGI, so I expect
> they have some plans to get their card work with Mesa or other
> commertial products.
>
> > And if someone can fix the d*mn DGA extension segfault problem with those
> > cards sometime before I'm too old to see my monitor, that'll be even
> > better.  At least I don't get video noise. :)
>
> What is DGA extention? I don't know about it. :-
> Also, I don't get video noise either with my STB card.

hm, I also have an STB.. Chris, what kind is yours?  Mine's a PCI STB
Velocity 128... Takeshi, is yours AGP or PCI?

DGA is the XFree86 Direct Graphics Addressing extension.  Kinda like
directX for X :).  Run the dga test program 'dga' to try it.  It'll
segfault your X server, most likely.  CTRL-ALT-DEL will still work,
though.

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)